Monday, March 11, 2013

Maha Shivaratri at the Hindu Temple of Rochester

Namaste readers - I figure you would all like to know I have successfully attended the Maha Shivaratri puja at the Hindu Temple of Rochester on Saturday. I even got to be one of the folks who poured milk on the Shivalingam! Unfortunately, even though the event lasted all night I couldn't stay all night...my blood sugar got in the way. Oh well...maybe next year I can pull an all-nighter for this holy day.

Somehow I feel as if I've both deepened my Hindu practice (by pouring milk on the Shivalingam) and missed an opportunity (by not staying all night)...weird, I know. At least I feel I have accomplished something!

Here's a photo of the event that has me in it...there's a lot of people in the photo, but I'm one of the ones in line. (I didn't take the photo, obviously.)

I hope your Maha Shivaratri was just as blessed. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment