Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Dreaming Big

Namaste readers! I have some big news for you today. It's not just a dream, it's a reality - I have been approached by JJ Books, based in London in the UK, to cover the release of their upcoming hardback book, Brahma Dreaming.

Written by John Jackson, Brahma Dreaming is essentially a graphic novel of sorts - it's a collection of tales of ancient Hindu mythology (of course as seen through the lens of the author), accompanied by many black-and-white illustrations of selected scenes from these tales. (The illustrator is Daniela Jaglenka Terrazzini, by the way, if that rings a bell for anyone.) I will be doing a review of this book, so expect that next post. In the meantime, my first impressions of the book are quite positive from what I've read and seen so far!

This is a big moment for me, because this is the first time I've been approached by any publishing company, be they big or small, national or international, to cover one of their books. They approached me first; I had no idea this even existed until they emailed me about it! I never knew my blog would reach that far and wide and be that well received!

Needless to say, I'm excited, and I hope this is a sign of other good things to come for this blog. I may just be hitting the big time! (Well...a bigger time than previously, anyway.)

Again, anticipate a review of this book next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment