Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Dharma

One of the things that has attracted me to Hinduism is the concept of dharma. To my knowledge dharma means that everything has a role, a part to play in the universe. (If I'm wrong, please correct me.) Over the past few days, I may have gotten a glimpse as to what my dharma is...and while it may be a path others like me have taken, it still feels to me as if I'm blazing my own trail.

To elaborate, let me first shamelessly plug an article I've written for a local paper recently...this is relevant, trust me:
http://www.waynepost.com/highlight/x536842893/Bharata-School-of-Arts-performance-wows-crowd

This is the article I wrote as a result of the...non-coincidence I mentioned in the blog post "Am I Being Adjusted?". This article has resulted in many small, but far from insignificant related happenings. For one, it has been published by three newspapers owned by this company. It has also gotten some pretty big compliments from some friends of mine. And the piece de resistance - I found out one of the dancers from that event is in the local Art of Living group.

So many things have lined up recently that I wonder just what is in store for me? Is this all leading up to some big, life altering climax? One thing is for sure, I definitely feel as if at least learning more about Hindu spirituality is my destiny...I keep learning about more and more sources where I can learn. And apparently I'm not the only white male American citizen who's dived in...okay, that should be obvious, but again, I'm saying this feels both like I'm treading a worn trail AND blazing a new one. That fact reinforces that this is possible for me.

I don't know where this future will lead me, but for once I'm excited to see what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment