Thursday, December 22, 2011

New Focus

Okay. In light of my blog being too negative and/or stale as of late - this is not only my own criticism, but the criticism of certain others - I'm going to give this blog a new focus. Prior to now, the Light Club blog has been a write-whatever-I-feel-like blog, and that has been both good and bad, in the sense that both my best and worst writing has wound up here. Somehow I figured maybe that's why it's become so stale and little more than a place for my meltdowns as of late. Regardless of whether or not my blog has become too negative or stale, a little extra focus on a particular topic never hurt anybody...or any blog, in this case.

So, with that in mind, I'm hoping to focus this blog to be more specific on my experiences with yoga, the Hindu faith, and its associated topics. I know I've talked about as much in some of the posts on here already, but what I mean precisely in this case is: if it doesn't have to do with the aforementioned topics, it's not getting posted here. I figure this should make the blog more interesting to my readers than the random thought-dump it has been.

It's often said that writers are their own worst critics. Regardless, though, I've managed to criticize myself constructively in this case, and that's why I'm doing what I'm doing now with this blog. This blog needs less randomness and more actual content.

In that regard, I do have one question I wish to ask my readers, in regards to this new direction, and I hope this will spark some participation: one idea I had in regards to this new focus is to do a discussion of the Bhagavad Gita on this blog, that is, read a chapter and then discuss said chapter in my blog. How would this be received by my readers? I'm no expert on the Bhagavad Gita, or Hinduism in general for that matter...I don't want to come across as an authority figure when I don't have the credentials. Would talking about the Bhagavad Gita on my blog bring participation, indifference, or ire? Please let me know what you think, as it will give me guidance on how to go about this, if at all.

Anyway, I hope you will appreciate this new focus of my blog. I know I certainly will. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment