Saturday, July 7, 2012

Feeling Betrayed

I don't know how well any of you know me, but I like video games. A lot. Or at least until now. Let me just say recent events make me want to throw up, and possibly burn my gaming equipment.

Events like these: http://sodisarmingdarling.tumblr.com/post/26700327003/man-disagrees-with-woman-makes-game-about-punching

I used to be proud of being a gamer. Now I can't look at a controller without thinking that I'm a misogynist, sexist asshole for even associating myself with these people.

You gamers have betrayed me. I used to think you were cool, that the games you've made were cool. Now I realize they've addicted me and corrupted my mind. You suckered me in with your promises of fun and escapism. Instead you've made me feel more guilty and evil than I have been in my life.

The problem is, I can't even find the strength to dissociate myself from gaming. I'll probably play some video game to calm me down after I post this. And that is why I'm so upset, betrayed, confused, enraged, you name it.

I can't take this anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment