Sunday, July 8, 2012

I Just Don't Know How to Deal With Evil

First of all, to my readers, I apologize for yesterday's post; not for what I said, though (what happened in that article I linked to is pretty evil), but for the hyperbole I used, and the fact that it wasn't...directly related to the usual contents of this blog.

It sort of goes to show that when I am confronted with societal evil...that I just don't know how to react or confront it. Sure, when it comes to something like sexism amongst gamer culture, the solution is obvious: don't perpetuate it for starters, educate where possible, and stand up for the persecuted when it comes time to. But instead of keeping in mind this logical, rational response, my brain automatically goes into the hyper emotional zone. Like Arjuna in the Bhagavad Gita, when it comes time to do what needs to be done, I initially panic and choke. For me it comes out as hyperbole as I get full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Sure, there are times when emotional responses are justified, but my emotional responses don't go anywhere other than on deaf ears most of the time. It's why I practice yoga and Hinduism, to try to counter those emotional lows I experience in times like this. It's been working, but as the last post shows, I still have a lot to learn.

I still intend to stay on the path, as it works for me. But it looks like I still have far to go. Maybe I need to go a step further, but I don't know where that step is...

No comments:

Post a Comment