Monday, July 15, 2013

Duality

Namaste readers.

First of all, I wanted to apologize (once again!) for the whiny tone of my last post (which I deleted). I won't obsess over the past in this case, but I still need to learn how not to repeat my mistakes.

All this being said, one conclusion I've arrived at is that when it comes to having a healthy self-image - one that respects the self as well as others in balance - duality, or dualistic thinking, isn't conducive for it. I was gravitated to Hinduism in part because it did not promote dualistic thinking. I know sometimes there are things which only can be seen in black and white, or right and wrong; I do not deny that there are times when wrongness shouldn't be tolerated.

But when it comes to the self and paths to one's salvation, one needs to realize that there are at once many paths...and just one. I was reminded of this in a forum post where a fellow forum user said that the Bhagavad Gita teaches that in order to reach the One, one must abandon the concept of two.

I'll have to look into that, but for right now, know that I'm feeling better, and can hopefully resume my path, readers. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you feel better now. You had me worried there for awhile, but I should've trusted that you would pull through on your own. Still, I know a hug won't come amiss ;) *huggles*

    ReplyDelete