Thursday, December 5, 2013

A Somewhat Pleasant What If Scenario (Maybe)

Namaste readers! If any of my readers from India are interested in answering this question, I'd like to ask it as a sort of thought experiment.

You probably know by now of my desire to be Hindu, to follow the Hindu faith and culture. That's why I made this blog, after all. However, I know that because I was raised in mainstream white American society, it would be near impossible for me to follow the Hindu faith to the letter, and/or emulate Hindu culture perfectly (not that I need to, I think).But...if I was indeed born in Indian society...raised Hindu...had that sort of life instead...what would be different?

Sometimes I wish that was the case - in a way that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, if you know what I mean. I know I should be happy with who I am. Still...the curiosity of what life for me would have been like, and would be like now, is a burning one.

Would things be better? Worse? Equal out to be the same? What path would I have taken? Would I be in the same position I am in now? Would I end up being the same person?

According to the laws of karma and reincarnation, it's entirely possible that I was Indian and/or Hindu in a past life. But I'm talking about my present life. Would I, or the world, have been different, if my soul found an Indian body instead of my current one, for this life?

I know I must make do with the life and body I have now. But things like this are idle curiosities.

1 comment:

  1. Hello. My guess, if you were born into Indian society, your life would be completely different. Eastern society tends to have a slightly different focus on aspects of life and when these things should be focused on. You would likely be married earlier, more involved in your family's lives (for better or worse). etc.

    ReplyDelete