Saturday, April 16, 2011

I Feel Like Saying "Hello World" For the First Time

Hello World. It is probably the most cliche phrase that has ever come out of the Information Age.

Yet it is something that I feel like saying now more than ever.

As far as how I got to this point, well, that is a topic for another post...this being an introductory post, it won't say much other than my intentions for this blog.

Light Club is a blog that I started on the suggestion of a friend, one who has grown dear to me in a short time. The title is a modification of a line from the 1990's movie Fight Club. The line from the movie in question that I'm modifying is:

"The first rule about Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club."

I'm no pit-fighter. The closest I'll ever get to being in an actual fight, barring someone mugging me, is if I buy tickets for a seat at a WWE or UFC event. And the extent of my martial arts training is a little Aikido I took during my college years that I've probably forgotten by now. But with my newfound spirituality, I feel like I'm ready to take on the world, metaphorically that is. Doing the best I can in this world is my new fight, and it's one I intend on winning.

Unlike the characters of the movie of Fight Club, though, this fight of mine is not something I am going to keep to myself. I intend to broadcast it to the world, and you're more than welcome to read along as I document my journeys.

This blog is going to be of a spiritual nature. It is going to document the progress I've made along my spiritual path. As such, the reflections that I post here, while they are certainly public and can be commented on, do not necessarily reflect the opinions of anyone else, nor am I saying what works for me spiritually will work for you. This isn't a blog to proselytize, or preach. Rather, I am sharing my experiences, and through the comments section, am more than willing to receive advice.

So that is Light Club in a nutshell. Welcome to Light Club. If this is your first time, you have to read. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I am awed by your sharings and pray for a rewarding spiritual journey. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete