Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Limitless? (And I Don't Mean the Movie, Folks)

Freelance writing work for me has been slowly mounting over the past few weeks. While the piece I submitted for Elephant Journal (as elaborated on in this blog post) isn't live as of the time of writing this entry, I've been getting other assignments as well. Some of these assignments earn me a little cash; other assignments free stuff (as long as I review said free stuff). All in all things are looking up in small ways, and it's all good.

Still, some of my friends keep telling me that this "is just the beginning." And furthermore that I have "immense potential." Maybe I've written about this before, but I still want to emphasize this sort of aura of...mystery, for lack of a better term, that my life has taken on as of late. Just what exactly is this potential I have? What is this the beginning of?

I know I said in the post title I wasn't talking about the movie Limitless, but that movie comes to mind for me nonetheless. But while the protagonist in that movie uncovers his potential through a newly discovered (and very dangerous) drug...I don't know how my potential is getting unearthed. And I guess it is sort of comparing apples to oranges, since the drug in Limitless is to the brain what nitrous oxide is to a car (i.e. pushing it to work but damaging it in the process), but the good things that have happened in my life are the direct result of...I don't know.

Maybe it is God/Ganesha/whatever name you like to call the force of the Universe. In fact I'm almost certain of it. But it brings up the age-old question again - what is it that I'm doing right that's earning God's favor/grace/etc.? And what is it that I'm doing wrong that is holding me back from getting more?

Okay, I realize I'm kind of repeating myself in these blog posts. I said this in as many words before a couple of posts back. But I wouldn't keep asking these questions if they weren't important to me. I promise I'll try to come up with some better material for this blog, folks. Just bear with me as I try to have my brain adjust to these new circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment