Saturday, April 26, 2014

A Fract OSC Bhajan Adaptation

Namaste readers! I'm doing more experimentation with Fract OSC, but this experiment...well, let me just tell you what it is and you can decide for yourselves.

At the suggestion of a friend of mine from India, I made a Fract OSC synth version of the Hindu devotional bhajan Jai Ganesha Deva.
Upon learning of my ability to make synth music with Fract, she suggested I try making Fract synth versions of songs from India. I decided to start simple by adapting a Hindu devotional song (called a bhajan) to Lord Ganesha, as I've been trying to practice the Hindu faith for a number of years. (But you regular readers of my blog already knew that.)

I realize I might be opening myself up to potential scrutiny and criticism by doing this, but my friend from India had a firm belief that this would be accepted and supported by potential listeners. If this offends anyone I do apologize; all I ask is that you give me the benefit of a doubt and know that I did this not out of intentional malice but genuine devotion. Thank you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment