Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I Make Ritual Noise

Namaste readers!

It is said that creative acts, such as making music, can be beneficial for the soul. Well, for quite a while, at least in the music category, I was creatively barren for some time - the last time I picked up an instrument was a saxophone during my elementary school years. I've listened to lots of music across many genres since then, but while I had the thought of trying to create music again, I never had the courage (or resources, for that matter) to try.

Now, I guess you could say I've found my muse, so to speak. There is a video game out there, independent in nature of course, called Fract OSC, which is not only an adventure game where you solve puzzles to generate music, it's also a tool with which to make music! My computer kept getting bogged down during the game part, though, so I took the shortcut of unlocking all the music creation features (which is allowed in game through the menus).

From there, I decided to try my hand at making music. I made my first ever electronic song in this game, and if you're interested, you can listen here on YouTube.
I realize it might not be of the best quality music in the world, but hey, I gotta start somewhere. Hopefully my first effort is at least enjoyable.

At the very least, I think I've found a creative outlet that I can access with ease. At the end of the day, that's what matters.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I have never heard of this game before, very cool!

    ReplyDelete