Monday, November 5, 2012

Lord Ganesha, Lend Me Your Strength

"Do not pray for an easy life. Instead, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
--Bruce Lee

While I don't know for sure if Bruce Lee is the actual source of that quote, it sure makes a nice attribution. Regardless of who said it, it's something that I want...because life in this world isn't getting any easier.

Election night - tomorrow night in the US - is never an easy time for me. The fact that more news is pouring in on how much damage Hurricane Sandy has caused isn't helping either. Plus, there's so much difficulty going on in my personal life right now...if you add that to what's going on in the world, it's honestly too much to bear. At least, by myself.

I'm not endorsing any political candidate in this blog...let me put it this way: in 2004, when George W. Bush was up for reelection, my worst fear was him getting reelected. Well, that came true, but the world didn't end, even though I was reacting as if it already had. So, my mind is relatively calm in the sense that whoever wins the election won't cause the Earth to stop spinning or the sun to go supernova.

Still...on top of everything else, this election, and what's at stake, is getting to be too much. My mind says stay calm, but my heart wants to explode in fear and anxiety. There's too much negativity in this world for me to just stay calm about it!

I wish I knew if Lord Ganesha read this blog...I could use His embrace right now. I want this post to be a prayer to Him to send me His love and strength...I don't know if it will reach Lord Ganesha, but I have to try. For the sake of my sanity and happiness.

I just want to know that I can survive and be happy in light of what's to come...is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment